The WhoHas generally checks the SYSDSN enque and if the file is enqueued
on another resource, it won't be found, eg enqueued to PDF edit( I know
that's not germane to this example) doesn't show on most WhoHas's. So a
check of the QCBs for the DSN may be the only way. Knowing what the DSN is
would make it easier>

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)

Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
03/10/2008 10:34 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DSN ENQ conflict - debugging after the fact.

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:53:10 -0500, McKown, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

><quote>
>      DELETE (PRIMV.PPO.XDF)
>0IKJ56241I DATA SET PRIMV.PPO.XDF NOT ALLOCATED
> IKJ56241I DATA SET IS ALLOCATED TO ANOTHER JOB OR USER
> IDC0551I ** ENTRY PRIMV.PPO.XDF NOT DELETED
>0IDC0001I FUNCTION COMPLETED, HIGHEST CONDITION CODE WAS 8
></quote>
>
>The person who was here, did a 3.4 on the DSN and did a "whohas" command
>to find out who had the dataset allocate. According to him, and I trust
>him, he got the output:
>
>DATASET: 'PRIMV.PPO.XDF' NOT ALLOCATED.

<snip>

Some version of "WHOHAS" require a quoted DSN and some others
don't.  Mine doesn't. So if you type WHOHAS next to a dsn on ISPF 3.4
it will add the quotes and the display will always look like the one
you showed above.   I would have to use: TSO WHOHAS PRIMV.PPO.XDF

>Unfortunately, he did not try to allocate the DSN with JCL and a
>DISP=OLD, which is my usually way to find DSN conflicts. Is there any
>way to do an "after the fact" problem diagnosis? Oh, to make matter
>worse, we reIPL'ed the original system back into MONOPLEX mode, so I
>can't do any testing until next Sunday.
>
>Thanks for any ideas, althought I think that I am SOL on this.

RMF III perhaps.  Also RMF post processor, if you have ENQ(DETAIL)
specified in your RMF parms.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden