At 03:20 PM 3/12/2008, you wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:14:22 -0400, Brian France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>At 09:20 AM 3/12/2008, you wrote:
>>On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:55:44 -0400, Brian France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >We do it with ACF2 resource calls just in case your an ACF2 user.
>> >

>>You need an optional exit for this correct?  But ACF2 supplies it ... or
>>at least used to.  I believe they called this (and other optional exits)
>>"MVS notes".    I actually have one system that runs ACF2 & ACF2/IMS ..
>>so I guess I could pick up a manual and find out.
>
>    Well, they did it looks like at one time. The code doc for our
>IEFUJI exit seems to indicate that but I can find it NOT in our V12
>libraries. We've modified that exit a few times to makes various
>resource calls so without detailed looking I'm not sure what came
>from SKK and what's ours. Yes, indeed, this code actually has
>reference to SKK in it. If you need me to I will gladly look at it harder.

After I posted I did look it up in the fine manual.  It's documented in the
system programmers guide in appendix b.  It is "note 1 - Validate
Account Number and Job Class for Batch Jobs".  The source is distributed
in hlq.CAIMAC(VALDTAC2).

Thar she be! I disremembered they had moved that stuff from their sampjcl to the mac library. Kewl, I need to review what's out there. It's been a long time... Ain't manuals great...

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan