To be precise, it appears that the savings are actually as a result of RSM
modifications in z/OS 1.8, carried forward, not z/OS 1.9. Sorry bout that.

Patrick Falcone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Hi John,

You *may* actually save some CPU with regards to other system related overhead
associated with this upgrade. Check the MXG archives under subject Master for a
thread in which a few Users are experiencing less CPU with regards to Master
and RSM upgrades when migrating to z/OS 1.9.

Regards,

Patrick Falcone

"Chase, John" wrote:
We are just about to start the migration from z/OS 1.7 to z/OS 1.9.

Would someone provide a "ballpark" percentage increase in the amount of
CPU resources between the two releases so we can estimate the monthly
increase in our z/OS base monthly billing?

TIA,

-jc-