On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:04:32 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am having an issue with an application that is defined in TPX.  At
some point users are unable to logon and start to receive 0821 Sense
code from VTAM.

>I am thinking I do not have a sufficient number of LUs for somethign
in TPX but I am unable to discern what that area is.  I have TPXGR
defined with 1000 LUs which is more than sufficient for my users.  In
fact a D NET command shows all the the TPXGR LUs and more than
60% are conct and the rest have ACTIV sessions.

It's unlikely that this is an issue with the number of dfined LUs ...
at least not directly related.  An application (like CICS) is supposed
use 0821 to indicate incompatable session parameters - that it
could not support the BIND parameters specified in the LOGMODE
associated with the LU.

It's a bit tricky with CICS because the
CICS AutoInstall process may have some reason to pick a very
specific set of acceptable session parameters.  Or a hard coded
terminal definition for the LU may specify sessions parameters
those specific sessions parameters.  Either way, they may be at
odds with the LOGMODE for the TPX-provided LU.

My very non-CICS centric view is that 0821 and 0801 sense codes
can mean just about anything when coming from CICS.  Luckily,
there are usually CICS error messages that provide more info.

Pat O'Keefe