On 20 Mar 2008 11:49:31 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ed Finnell) wrote:

In a message dated 3/20/2008 1:43:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

(ISO8859-1). I can think of a way to do it using UNIX services, but I'm hoping for a simplier method. The ASCII file is to be transferred to a
Windows system, so each line must end in CRLF.

What about the free INFO-ZIP? Think it's one of the samples. ZIP the EBCDIC(and compress) transfer to WINDOZE binary and UNZIP to
CODEPAGE of choice?

An excellent suggestion! With the proper compression level, it should also improve total time.

I seem to have the latest (non-beta) Info zip and unzip, but I don't see a codepage option. However, the zip side has a "-a" option to convert from EBCDIC to ASCII (if run on EBCDIC machines).

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com