It's not too faded Ted. And yes, Walsh.

  ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/mktsupport/techdocs/allreal_v11.pdf

Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  >Given that ESQA will just overflow into ECSA is there any real reason not to
allocate ESQA fairly low so that it is always at 100%, and then size/monitor
ECSA for the combined requirements? I am aware that that
would not be a good thing below the line, but I haven't read of any clear
reason to 'tune' ESQA rather than ESQA/ECSA as a combined area.

I have always been of the opinion that a little SQA/ESQA conversion is okay,
but not a lot.
IBM (I believe) used recommend as little as possible.
But, now with 64-bit addressing, and no expanded storage I think you cannot get
away with it.
IIRC, IPL-processing needs more ESQA to build page tables, and that will not be
allowed to overflow into CSA, since the entire system is not up yet.

There's a paper on the WTC site explaining this.
And, as my faded memory recalls, it might have been written by Kathy
Welsh/Walsh (?).

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!