Rob,

(1) Use the IEFACTRT exit (job/step termination exit) - however this might be
overkill for you.

Well, I need this functionality only for a few jobs and IEFACTRT would impact all submitted jobs... From this point of view - yes, it is overkill.

(2) Write an assembler program that always gets control as the last job step
and process the JCT and SCT control blocks - (not sure about the GUPI status of
these)

Well if nothing else would be possible I would do this.

(4) Post process the SMF data hunting for type-30 records using SORT or a
freeware tool like DAF.

I would like to capture SYSLOG or SMF, but I don't know how to do it. Running a batch-Job for this would not fit my needs.

Bye,
Michael