As other have written, writing something to walk the JCT/SCT chain will do as
you ask.  Run the program as the last step in the job and you can do with the
information as you wish.

I did something like this at a client location a few years ago.  The program
was called RCWALKER and could execute anywhere in the job stream.  In most
instances, it was the last step in a job.

It produced a couple of different "reports" based on what DD statements were
present in the JCL.  One of the reports was nothing more than a flat-file,
which contained a one-line detail entry for each step.  The information in the
detail line was jobname, stepname, pgmname, return code or ABEND code and a
couple of other pieces of information.

In my case, the file produced was emailed to interested parties.  In your case,
you could read this file with another utility, which would make decisions based
on the RC from each step in the job.

 On Tue Apr  8 16:59 , Michael Knigge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent: