I don't really know the answer.  It was always surprising to me that
BookMaster and BookManager were owned by different functional organization
than DCF.  I don't support those or know what their official status is.
For DCF, we do still fix defects.   As far as I know, it is also still
possible to submit new requirements for DCF.   All requests for new
function are processed through the marketing people.   I think their
general mindset is "how many more licenses will it sell" when looking at
any request for new function.  It's been a long time since we geared up
for a whole new release, but sometimes a new function was added by an
individual APAR.  It's been a while since the last one of those too, but
nobody has told me it's impossible.

Roger Bolan
Software Engineer

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
infoprint.com

Boulder, Colorado, USA

P Think before you print

"Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
04/13/2008 05:11 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DCF (was Re: System z10 announcement (in English))

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/04/2008
   at 06:26 PM, Roger Bolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Would you guys stop talking about DCF (Document Composition Facility,
>5748-XX9) a.k.a. Script in the past tense?   It is still available for
>z/OS, z/VM, and z/VSE.

Yes, but aren't DCF, BookMaster and BookManager MVS all functionally
stabilized?