>I've never seen anyone who could tell a performance imapct of keeping it on.
>Either system wide or individually.

>Ted, do you have any response time numbers or overhead numbers?

Not lately, but I have seen it in a small shop with limited TSO DASD.

Besides, the best I/O is no I/O.
I convinced everybody, where I last worked, to turn it off.
Maybe it was the placebo effect, but empirically, response improved.

If I'm doing needless I/O, I have to be introducing something into the mix.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!