On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Steve Comstock
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don Leahy wrote:

> > IMO, it should be turned off by default.  Users who develop ISPF
> > dialogs should be able to figure out how to turn it on for themselves.
> >
> > My $0.02
> >

>  But the log can also serve as an audit trail for dataset
>  creates, renames, and deletes. Sometims useful outside of the
>  world of dialog development.
>

>  Kind regards,
>
>  -Steve Comstock

Good point, but I know of few people who use the log that way.

My view may be colored by one of my 'colleagues' who recently raised
an issue against an innocent ISPF dialog because his LOG data set ran
into a x37 abend.

When I asked him what his LOG data set settings were, he looked at me
like I was speaking a foreign language.  (He was using option 3, Keep
data set - same).

I think he needs one of your courses.  :-)