On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:27:34 -0400, Jerry Fuchs wrote:

>I am trying to apply maintenance to z/OS 1.7 but received a D37-04 in
>three libraries.
>
>Of course all three are link listed libraries.
>
>I can allocate .NEW libraries and copy into them, but how do I then rename
>them to the original name?

I assume that you are not applying maintenance on the live system.

If you have the proper authority, you can rename a data set even though
there is an ENQ on that DSNAME.  ISPF allows this.  For the required authority,
see
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-
bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/dgt2s341/2.6.3.4

--
Tom Marchant