We are in the process of writing a "support model" for Linux on System z that
describes who in the IT organization will do what things from provisioning to
problem diagnostics.

Has anyone else attempted to address this; and more specifically, willing to
share it or maybe portions of it?  I am most curious as to whether
organizations are attempting to incorporate their Unix/AIX support folks into
the mix or maybe training only their z/OS folks to do both z/VM and Linux.