I am trying to set up DFSMSRMM Server client support on a z/OS 1.7 system.
The z/OS 1.7 is defined Server with another z/OS 1.7 system as client. There
is NO pack/file sharing. This works fine. Should I be able to add to more
clients that are z/OS 1.8 and z/OS 1.9 ? When DFSMSRMM starts on these other
systems, it fails.

EDG0204I DFSMSRMM BEING INITIALIZED FROM MEMBER EDGRMMPR IN PROD.SYS1.PA
 RMLIB
 EDG0362I TCP/IP COMMUNICATION SUCCESSFULLY INITIALIZED FOR CLIENT - HOST
  NAME ZOS19 ADDRESS 10.0.40.90 PORT NUMBER 2000
 EDG0354I CONNECTION TO SERVER M4ZOSA SUCCESSFUL. IP ADDRESS 10.0.40.11
 PORT NUMBER 2000
 IEA794I SVC DUMP HAS CAPTURED: 805
 DUMPID=011 REQUESTED BY JOB (DFRMM   )
 DUMP TITLE=EDGAMGR  UNEXPECTED ERROR DETECTED
 BPXP018I THREAD 1E6207E000000001, IN PROCESS 83951749, ENDED 806
 WITHOUT BEING UNDUBBED WITH COMPLETION CODE 800008AE, AND REASON CODE
 00000000.
 EDG0104E DFSMSRMM SUBSYSTEM INITIALIZATION FAILED

Before I go through the dumps, just wanted to know if there were any
restrictions that anyone knew of.

Cheers

Crispin Hugo
Systems Programmer
Macro 4

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security Service and the Macro 4 plc internal virus protection system.