I don't see any conflict in those statements.  As I understand it,
client/server doesn't share the control dataset, only the server accesses the
CDS - the client makes requests through the server.

>>> Crispin Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 4/30/2008 4:38 AM >>>
Hi There,

Anybody out there using DFSMSRMM server/Client on systems that are using
different levels of z/OS?

The DFSMSRMM Implementation and Customization Guide has confusing statement
in it. Which of these two are true ?

'All client and server systems must be at least at this release level.

You can share the control data set with other systems that run any supported
level of DFSMSrmm with any supported level of DFSMSrmm that has appropriate
toleration maintenance installed.

Crispin Hugo
Systems Programmer
Macro 4

Direct Line: +44 (0)1293 872121, Switchboard: +44 (0)1293 872000, Fax: +44
(0)1293 872001

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security Service and the Macro 4 plc internal virus protection system.

Note that my email domain has changed from jo-annstores.com to joann.com.
Please update your address book and other records to reflect this change.

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received
this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to
the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy
the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or
destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if
you communicate with us by email. Thank you.