Hmm, I think a couple of beers is in order for you, Happy Hour Friday is still a few days away.

I've sent them updates on a few documentation issues that need to be corrected, and lo and behold, they have actually updated it with the next update to the manual, and if the problem is enough gto warrant it, they open a DOC or informational apar on it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Kline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:12 AM
Subject: Supported Documentation

Does anyone know why IBM refuses to update their documentation any more?
Once documentation is shipped, it is never supported. I have had this problem
several times in the past few years. The software is not working as
documented, but the support center determines the doc is wrong, not the
code. They tell me they will put in an untrackable request to update the
documentation in a future release. Meanwhile, the current documentation still is incorrect, leading to additional customer problems. I can't be the only one who runs into this issue. Occasionally they will open a DOC apar, but that isn't worth the "paper" it's written on, since it's impractical to search for DOC apars for every topic in every manual you use. Maybe it sounds like I'm whining, and
a couple beers might help, but it won't fix the production outage that
occurred because of incorrect documentation.