> Does anyone know why IBM refuses to update their documentation any
more?

When I were a lad (back in the day) IBM used to mail out "Technical News
Letters" (TNLs) on real dead-tree PAPER (gasp!) that you could insert in
the proper place in your 3 ring binder PAPER copy of each manual. Those
changes could occur anywhere in the lifecycle of a product release.

I always went to the trouble of inserted TNLs in the right place. Most
folks just inserted the TNLs at the front or back of the binder, but
even so those old paper manuals were kept more or less up to date.

Now we have the capability of accurately changing the electronic
versions at a moment's notice. However as far as I can tell, the doc set
only changes on release boundaries and changes often lag a release or
more behind the software. But IBM swears it still cares about its
customers. Go figure.

CC