On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:10:15 -0400, Thompson, Steve wrote:

> [...]
Did anyone see a phone number, before the snippage?

>Until someone cuts the trunk line between you and the CO (Central Office
>- Telco speak). Thanks to a tornado, that happened recently and somehow
>the Internet connections were still functioning (I guess they were fibre
>and went in a different direction than the copper).  -- NO, the tornado
>didn't do it, someone cleaning up after did it ... --

The Internet, perhaps FKA DARPANet, was designed with the
philosophy of providing alternate paths in case of a nuclear
attack.  And, "The net perceives censorship as damage, and
bypasses it."  That makes it hard to block spam.

>Belt, suspenders, hands in pockets, and a roll of duct tape.

Perl is the programmer's duct tape.  Rexx is the dinosaur's
duct tape.

-- gil