Steve Comstock writes:
>My understanding of how the IBM world works today is that
>the largest 600 IBM customers are actually handled by IBM
>salespeople who are really IBM employess. Everyone else is
>"served" by VARs. Maybe the OP's VAR is doing cherry picking,
>only bothering to go after the clients with the most potential
>net revenue. It's not your father's IBM any more.

John would probably know what the reality is. But it sounds like he's
getting a proposal from IBM for SAP on p and he is disappointed IBM is not
providing an SAP on z proposal for their consideration. I have no idea why
that is and would never presume to pass judgment, but I'm volunteering to
look into it if John wishes my help.

I agree with one sentence: no, this is not my father's IBM. I think my
(grand)father worked for IBM, but there were two big differences: (1) he
was a salesperson; (2) he knew a lot about meat scales.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]