From: willie bunter [mailto:snip]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMS PUZZLE

Robert,

  Thanks for the warning and your suggestion.  I will heed your advice.
Also, I will place "write messages" so as to make debugging easier.

  Thanks again to all of you for going the extra mile to help me out.

"Richards, Robert B." wrote:
  Willie,

I would suggest very strongly that YOU DO NOT WANT TO DELETE THAT
FILTLIST.

Right now, it serves the purpose of allowing explicit volser coding in
the JCL and it is honored and the dataset allocated. If you do not want
capability to be available to everyone, then recode that WHEN statement
to have a compound condition like "AND &USER = &SPECUSRS" and code a new
filter list of special users that can code volser.

I am not saying this is the only way to do it or if this is the best
way. I am just saying that I do not think you want to lose the logic
ability present in that WHEN clause.