On Thu, 8 May 2008 14:51:20 -0700, Skip Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>We do run with IOEPRMxx. The two parameters below--especially the second
>one--were needed in order to get a zFS to expand with additional extents.
>It may be that the default values are now similar to these, but until I
>added these lines, an existing zFS would not take multiple extents if it
>filled up required.
>

>aggrfull(90,5)
>aggrgrow=on
>
>.

I don't use aggrfull since all my zFS files have secondary extents and I
specify aggrgrow=on.   A lot of our HFS data sets had the equivalent parm
on their mount - FSFULL(90,5) - per the group that requested us to mount
their HFS, and I found it annoying. The messages came up at IPL time and
were ignored.   These were mostly read only product root file systems
that purposely were allocated near full as to not waste space and being
read only meant they wouldn't grow.

I do have one additional parm.

romount_recovery=on  /* see APAR OA22351 */

See the APAR for details why.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden