On Fri, 9 May 2008 10:28:47 -0400, Steven Conway
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark Zelden wrote:
>I do have one additional parm.
>
>romount_recovery=on  /* see APAR OA22351 */
>
>See the APAR for details why.
>
>Great catch, Mark.  It is now on all my systems, as well.

I caught it all right!  :-)   Thankfully it was only in a sandbox sysplex.  That
is because we share the sysres set with our read only zFS files across
sysplex boundaries in one environment and I always IPL in the sandbox
first for testing.  The maintenance ZFS files are mounted R/W and we clone
from there, so that is what left us exposed.

But I think this entire problem stemmed from the fact that FDR (which I
use for my cloning) does not quiesce a ZFS when you use HFS=QUIESCE
as I thought it would (hopefully Innovation adds this support soon) on
the copy as it does for HFS.  DFSMSdss automatically quiesces both HFS and
zFS (I talked about this a couple of months ago in a another thread).

When I ran into this problem I not only put on the PTF and enabled the
support in the ZFS parms, I also added ZFSADM QUIESCE and UNQUIESCE
steps to my cloning JCL before and after the zFS copy step.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]