From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ron Hawkins
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 12:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Remote tape drive

David,

If moving the data to and from a local ASCII platform is not a problem, then
why don't you look at using an iSCSI ATL. Most Windows flavours support
iSCSI software drivers so you don't need a special TOE card to drive it, and
the connection can be done through whatever backbone you currently provision
between the sites.

I'm using iSCSI based disk arrays for SAS/MXG on Windows XP and it works
just great. Something like a QANTUM PX502 means you don't need people to
mount the tapes for you (not an endorsement of Quantum - I just looked for a
brand I know).

Ron