From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ron Hawkins
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 5:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Remote tape drive

Radoslaw,

That's not how I read David's last reply:

David wrote:

        " Yes. Getting the data there isn't the issue. The hard part is
FTPing the warm body to the tape drive so that said warm body could *mount*
a tape.
This is a development shop, not production. There are no operators. The
people mulling up and down the hallways at the remote location are generally
unwilling to stop and mount a tape, and even if they were willing, they go
home at 5 :)"

And:

        " Thanks! As I said, it's only a development shop, so a single unit
would suffice. We just need some type of access to a tape unit."

A small iSCSI ATL fits the scope defined in David's response.

Ron