Sounds like it's waiting for or delayed by something. Do you have a monitor
that can show wait or delay reasons?

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Has anyone ran into this
problem or can you tell me where to look for a
possible resolution.

Running z/OS release 1.7.

Payroll jobs that creates checkpoint tapes on real STK 3490 tape drives.
Job will process fine to a selected point and stop.
There are no outstanding replies to indicate a problem exist.
We issue the Cancel command numerous times and the job does not cancel;
therefore, we have to
Force Exit the job out of the System.
I have looked thru SYSLOG and cannot find any reason as to why the job stopped
processing or why the cancel command is not working. It does say Cancel
command accepted.
IEE301I N97P5610 CANCEL COMMAND ACCEPTED