On Sat, 17 May 2008 21:32:30 +0000, Bill Wilkie wrote:

>The only time I remember seeing anything like this was when an I/o device
would lose an interrupt and hang but that was many years ago before IBM
came up with MIH.

I remember seeing this once with MAXSORT from SyncSort. The only reason I
bring this up now is the reference to checkpoint datasets. As I recall, there
is
a way to cancel this described in the manuals. If this is not a MAXSORT app,
then ignore my rantings....