From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Pace
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 7:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SSL Timeout

Is there a parameter somewhere that will time-out an SSL connected
TN3270 session?  I've just converted our users from standard TN3270
sessions to SSL/TLS TN3270 sessions.  All users are using PCOMM.
After converting, one user has called me and says that he gets
disconnected from the system after about 10 mins with a S622 (terminal
error).  Our TSO timeout in JWT is set to 1 hour. No other user was
having this problem so I thought this was probably a coincidence since
that user had tornadoes in his area and some damage to his home.  So I
had him revert to standard TELNET.
1 hour later he timed out with a S522 (TSO time-out value reached).  I'm
still convinced it's a network issue, but I don't have a leg to stand
on.

Anyone have an idea why a user might get disconnected when using SSL/TLS
and not standard telnet?

--
Mark Pace
Mainline Information Systems

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html