On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 09h10, Mark Pace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote to
IBM-Main about "SSL Timeout":

> That's for certain.  They all work from their homes.  So different
> ISPs, different routers, Cable, DSL, dial-up, wired, wireless, etc....

Mark:  have the client check their personal DSL modem/firewall
settings.  I personally have mine set to disconnect from the ISP if
idle for 17 minutes (I like unusual intervals)  and they may have
theirs set up in a similar fashion.  The DSL connection is re-
established on the next IP activity.  If I'm gonna be gone from my PC
for an extended [bathroom] break, I use the &973 command in SDSF to
press 'Enter' every 15 minutes.

[Why?  I can leave my PC running all day and the firewall only has to
block IP scans for a limited amount of that time ie. when my e-mail
gets checked each hour.  Definitely reduces the length of the
firewall's log.  Have you checked yours at home lately?  *grin*]

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Hal Merritt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Perhaps the affected folks are traversing a different network path
using
>> different appliances?

S522),
>> and
>> others time-out at 10-15 mins (terminal error - S622).  What's
confusing
>> is
>> that I had them check their version of PComm and each is using the
same
>> version (v5.8.0.0). So I can't really find a common demoninator
between
>> them.
>> [snip]

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004