Yukus, Mary J CIV USMEPCOM wrote:
I'm not sure about hex, but when you look at it in Octal (in Linux), on FTP'd
file there is a \r (or CR value) followed by a \n (or LF value).  On the
SFTP'd file, there is only a \n (LF value).  That is where it gets lost.  The
\n is supposed to be the LF but when it gets passed to z/OS, z/OS doesn't
seem to recognize it and continues on with one long line.  That is what I was
wondering is if somewhere in the z/OS GET command you have to tell it to use
LF and not CR.  Is this where the TR command fits in or is there another way?

Right now the only other idea is to add the CR value back into the file, but
I don't like the idea of modifying a production file by adding in the
character.
Thanks,
Mary

Mary,

Is the FTP GET from z/OS binary?

If it is binary, the LF would not be used to break
the file into lines.

--
Richard