Hmm.  I remember that problem too, but I haven't seen it happen in years.
I don't remember changing anything myself to make it go away, but I might
have forgotten.  Of course both the z/OS systems and my own workstation
have been upgraded several times since the last time I saw it so who knows
what changed?

One problem I did have with IND$FILE was trying to invoke it from oddly
sized custom sessions I had made, like 62 by 160, and using ISPF option 6
for the commands.  It would blow up.  The cure for that was to nuke the
old *.ws files I had carried over from my old systems and create fresh
ones using PCOMM 5.8.

Roger Bolan

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 07/09/2008
01:39:28 PM: