It is a rare day that I can correct even a minor detail of a post written by
Barbara Nitz....

I believe the following is slightly incorrect.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:32:14 +0200, Barbara Nitz wrote:
(snip)
>Lock structures are different in that the hashing algorithm used basically
determines where the 'quantum jump' is in termes of how many 'contentions'
get the same size structure. I am assuming (Bill?) that the hashing algorithm
used somehow influences the cfsizer, which is why ISGLOCK shows different
size numbers than IRLM lock structures when inputting the contention
information.

(snip)

The reason ISGLOCK is different from IRLM's lock structure is that ISGLOCK is a
100 % lock structure, and the IRLM lock structure is a combination of lock and
list.  The IRLM structure is described in the following paragraph from topic
2.4.3 Lock Structure size in book DB2 Data Sharing Planning and Administration:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The coupling facility lock structure contains two parts. The first part is a
lock
entry table, which is used to determine if inter-DB2 read/write interest exists
on a particular hash class. Hash classes are resources that hash to a
particular place in the lock table. The second part is a list of the update
locks
that are currently held (sometimes called a modify lock list or record list
table).
You can control the division of the lock structure storage between these two
components by using the IRLMPROC or by using an IRLM MODIFY command. If
you do not specify how the structure is to be split, IRLM attempts to divide it
with a 1:1 ratio between lock table entry (LTE) and record list entry (RLE)
storage.

Brian