In a message dated 7/30/2008 7:48:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

was that it also turned the drive into a seismograph.  If you got  a
particular error code (I'm not sure I remember what it was, but 9F9F  seems
to be stuck in my head), you needed to
either get the drive fixed  ASAP or start earthquake evacuation
procedures.

Yeah, if you do a building addition in the  middle of the process you stay
pretty busy. Thank goodness for duplexing,  don't think we lost any data after
43 replacements. Then about halfway thru,  there was massive plenum recall for
dirty air.

Just as we were rolling in the RAMAC  went to a tuning seminar in Dallas and
one of the guys from midwest insurance  company said they'd just upgraded to
RAMAC after state had backed up an  ammonia nitrate truck for blasting right of
way. Well Thursday afternoon it  got hit by lightning and one big whoom! They
were about 3 1/2 miles away and  didn't loose any windows, but the gyroscopic
action of the 3390's ripped the  seals loose in all their dasd. Think they
were down 7-8 days. Silly ol'  auditors had recommended backup data center be
moved
'cause it was too close. They were right!  Blast got the DR center too.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.