Lizette,

> I think that when you dump datasets with DFDSS it includes that
> information in the dump.  So the datasets will restore with those same
values.

> Don't you have to nullify the ACS during the DFDSS restore so the
> new code will be picked up?
>
> Something like:  BYPASSACS--(----dsn----)-

DSS does retain the data class, storage class and management class and will
pass it in during the restore unless you specify nullstorageclass and/or
nullmanagementclass. Your storage class and management class acs routines
will see the allocation and can accept the passed in values or override
them unless you specify BYPASSACS. The OP real problem is that DSS restore
does not go through the data class ACS routine and he can not change the
data class to a different value. He mentioned in a follow up note that he
has CA-Disk (DMS). That will work for his needs.
Regards,
John