Thanks Ed, but I do know that.
What was it that triggered my "cover letter" question? A blog post by Willie
Favero
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/db2zos/apar-friday-db2-support-for-zos-v1r90-sysplex-routing-services-ziip-awareness-enhancements-26180
where he talks about PK38867: DB2 Support For z/OS V1R9.0 Sysplex Routing
Services zIIP Awareness Enhancements
and where he says: "The APAR cover letter does a very nice job of explaining
the impact of the z/OS 1.9 change on DB2 for z/OS. "
And I vaguely recall from my IBM time years and years ago that there was a site
in that time where PTF cover letters could be downloaded from. Maybe that is no
longer true these times. And possibly that in the mean time text has been
gradually shifted into the apar, because I have to admit that the explanations
in this PKapar are quite well developed.
take care & enjoy your long holiday weekend in the US.
jan