Thanks to all that replied.  Since I got home, and looked at a bunch of
emails, I'll just reply to this one.  Don - I put in a request on your
internet site for more information.  I'll also call FDR and get info on their
product.  I suspect that unless these products are really inexpensive
that we won't get either one.

One of the things that no one picked up on, in my original post quoted
below, I wanted some help with setting up the Lpar to do this.  I have
questions about what needs to be in the system.  My boss wants a 1
pack system.  We run a basic sysplex in ring mode with only 2 lpars
since we don't have a coupling facility or processor, and definitely don't
want to spend the money for one.  I know I would need Zara, our tape
manager, and I would need access to the catalog that the output
tapes are created on.

I've built RESCUE systems before, and still have my JCL, but those
systems were mostly for IPLing and correcting parmlib members, etc.  I
didn't even have a tape management system on it.  Any concerns for
building this type of system would be appreciated.

Eric

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:24:44 -0500, Don Bolton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Eric,
>
>If you would like to automate the flash and backup process please
review the
>link below.  Opentech Systems has automated this process for many
of our
>customers whether you want to process the volumes online or offline
with our
>DASD Backup Supervisor product.
>
>http://www.opentechsystems.com/dbs.php
>
>Regards,
>Don
>
>Don Bolton
>Director Technical Services
>www.OpentechSystems.com

On Behalf
>Of Eric Bielefeld
>Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 9:59 AM
>To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
>Subject: Info on Setting Up an Lpar for Flashcopy
>
>We just installed a new Shark DS8100 with Flashcopy.  I was looking
for
>information on setting up an Lpar to copy all of the Flashed disks to
tape.
>We back up all of our DASD every week.  We would like to be able to
mount
>the flashed copies in a separate Lpar using the same volsers as the
>original, and then back them up.  I have searched for documentation
on
>setting up Lpars to do just that, and haven't found anything.  We
want a
>simple Lpar, if possible using a one pack system.  We use Zara for
tape
>management.
>
>Eric
>--
>Eric Bielefeld
>Systems Programmer
>Washington University
>St Louis, Missouri
>314-935-3418

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN
INFO