All you need to do is know how to present what you find. I reported
GIMASAMP returns incorrect output as a SEV(4). Don't make a big deal out of
a sample not working and IBM will listen. Level 2 tested the code with and
without my corrections and understood it really is broken and I was not
looking to sneak in an enhancement. They contacted the developers who
were more than willing to listen and I was asked did I want an APAR or could it
be fixed in the next release. It has likely been broken since the day it was
released so I was reasonable and closed the ETR with the understanding it will
be fixed in the next release. Since DB2 9 is current, it might be a few years
before the sample is fixed. But then it was broken for so long, I can wait. I
would think no one else brought it IBM's attention so how urgent is it, really!

I also submit requests to fix documentation and get responses. Submitting
requests following the proper procedure does work. Low priority changes might
take a few months, but IBM does listen and act. They just have to prioritize
what they can get done with the resources they have. And I always consider
if it has been broken for years then it can get fixed in the next release.

Even samples and examples in manuals can be corrected if they are wrong. If
the text is not clear then submit your comment as the manual describes. I
offered a local non-USA phrase in the manual was not clear and offered a
more generic way of explaining some material. They agreed.