In z/OS 1.8, IBM introduced the ALLOWUSERKEYCSA parameter to prevent
applications from allocating User Key (E) CSA storage. This was done to
eliminate any potential security risks or exposures from unauthorized
programs modifying CSA storage. As of z/OS 1.9, the default setting for the
ALLOWUSERKEYCSA parameter is "NO"

heh heh, always got to love those default changes.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Petersen, Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> EMC has a product that requires that we run with ALLOWUSERKEYCSA=YES to
> be set.  Here are excerpts from a running email with EMC, our storage
> folks, and myself.
>

> My storage folks:
>
>      EMC is recommending that we have the value for VSM ALLOWUSERKEYCSA
> set to YES to allow CSMSLAVE MMPAGENT MMPAGENT STC to run
>

> And when asked about a fix for the problem EMC responded:
>
> Jon Allen from EMC Support is saying he has requested this an year ago
> but it was rejected by Engineering. He is saying that he will submit the
> request again but it will take a while (for a while I mean next release
> probably). Are we going to be able to change it to "yes" in the
> meantime?

> Jim Petersen
> MVS - Lead Systems Engineer
>
> Home Depot Technology Center
> 1300 Park Center Drive, Austin, TX 78753
> www.homedepot.com
> email:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> 512-977-2615 direct
> 210-977-2930 fax
> 210-859-9887 cell phone

Glen J. Gasior
(630) 712-2104
Chicago, Illinois 60611
"Leadership that improves the process of change"