On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:06:06 -0500, Martin Kline
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>D4C32XX3, which is located in the default logmode table on both
lpars.

That is an IBM-supplied logmode.  Unless it has been modified at
you shop it specifies APPNCOS=#CONNECT.

>ALTMOD45, which is located in the LOGMOD01, the assigned
>modetab for the origin LU on the origin system, and in ISTINCLM
>on the destination system.

What APPNCOS does it specify?  If none, I think it will use whatever
is specified in your APPNCOS parm in your ATCSTRxx.

Another point.  In the APPN world, a dynamically created CDRSC
gets assigned the MODETAB specified in the VTAM parm DYNMODTB.
IBM recommends that it contain every LOGMODE name in your
network that is not in ISTINCLM.  Only the COS and APPNCOS
parms are used when the DYNMODTB table is referenced, but you
can get failures if entries aren't found.  The search flow (including
which tables are used) depends on whether the primary LU or
secondary LU initiates the session request.

I've sat through Johnathan's LOGMODE and COS Table pitch only
5 times so am not capable of giving any further detail.  Chris will
have to take it from here (hopefully correcting my mistakes).

Pat O'Keefe