We have a few small z/OS 1.9 images which have no tape access and use
HSM to backup the data to a 3390 mod 27.  Here's the DASD related parms
we use for HSM.

SETSYS USERUNITTABLE(3390)

SETSYS CDSVERSIONBACKUP( -
          BACKUPCOPIES(4) -
          BACKUPDEVICECATEGORY(DASD) -
          BCDSBACKUPDSN(DFHSM.xxxx.BCDS.BACKUP) -
          JRNLBACKUPDSN(DFHSM.xxxx.JOURNAL.BACKUP) -
          MCDSBACKUPDSN(DFHSM.xxxx.MCDS.BACKUP) -
          OCDSBACKUPDSN(DFHSM.xxxx.OCDS.BACKUP) -
          DATAMOVER(DSS) -
       )

SETSYS COMPACT(DASDBACKUP -
               DASDMIGRATE -
               NOTAPEBACKUP -
               NOTAPEMIGRATE)

SETSYS BACKUP(DASD)

SETSYS DSBACKUP(DASD(TASKS(10)) TAPE(TASKS(0)   -
       DEMOUNTDELAY(MAXIDLETASKS(0) MINUTES(60))

/*  ADDVOL ENTRIES FOR BACKUP VOLUMES                        */

ADDVOL xxxxxx UNIT(3390) BACKUP (DAILY(1))

Terry Traylor
charlesSCHWAB
TIS Mainframe Storage Management
Remedy Queue: tis-hs-mstg