I am responding to this so called OT because I am once who has  to work.
I am an old timer - born in 1950 and working everything from the DOS/VS,
VM/SP and OS/VS2 days upto z/VM, Z/OS and VSE of course. I enjoying
developing software, but have to work because of circumstances out of my
control ( Wife died at 49 - massive heart attack  in 2003 ), I have to
support a house and two daughters. Would I like to retire, yeah, but what
would I do, IT has been a large piece of my life, 33+ years....I am also a
second generation IT professional, father before me, 37 yrs with Unisys. But
enough about me, I feel for the guys and gals who have been outsourced,
laidoff,it is terrible, I have been there. I learned longtime ago 'fair',
doesn't exit, more like what is..and what isn't .. I wished that situation
would go away, but if won't, companies are too busy trying to make a buck
and caring about the most valuable thing they have their people.

BTW -- I was out of work in 2006, all of 2006...it wasn't good for me or my
family so I do understand what happens. It was a contract with the State who
had no budget money for IT. Go figure...

All my best to all.......

Scott Ford
Senior Systems Engineer

[p] 678.266.3399 x304    [m] 609-346-0399  identityforge.com

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately or let us know at

[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED], and then delete the
original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.