>  Anyone know how to contact them? :-)

I wonder if they ever actually asked NASA?

Folks, EVERY BIT OF EVERY MISSION is available for the archive. Some
of it is online, the rest you must ask for, and they will make a tape
or CD-ROM. The data - all the data - keeps moving from one format to
the other. I do not know how they keep it now, but it used to be on
DEC WORMs maybe ten years ago. I know at that time they were retiring
the DEC system.

The best that the sensible astronomers can guess is that some
researchers want the original telemetry tapes - the old analog tape
decks that recorded whatever the receivers tuned to the spacecraft
were picking up. NASA never really intended for the telemetry data to
be seriously archived, as it would be silly to do so once the data was
pulled off and verified. It would be like archiving IBM-MAIN, with all
the IP headers, checksums and junk. Pointless, except for some really
obscure research one might do concerning net traffic or something.

Oh, and the Census people also have ALL of their computer data as well.

A rumour that just will not die...

--
Will