Cross posted to IBM-MAIN and ISPF-L

On a z9 BC running z/OS 1.8 (at level RSU 0802), I am using SUPERCE to
compare two fairly large SMP/E listings (~2M lines each).  I submit a
separate batch job (using ISPF 3.13) for each section of the listings
(e.g., one for DLIB LMOD, another for target SRC, etc) using CMPLINE
TOP/BTM control cards to designate the section of interest.  I also
specify DPBLKCL to ignore blank lines and a couple of DPLINE statements
to ignore the header lines at the top of each page.

For the smaller sections of the SMP/E listings, the process works fine.
But for the larger sections, SUPERCE processes the data multiple times.
In one case, a 600 line block in the SUPERCE output listing is repeated
over 40 times.  Based on the massive jump in elapsed time, CPU time, and
I/O counts (as reported by SDSF), this is not just a loop in SUPERCE's
output processing but the input data is actually being processed over
and over.

Additionally, in one case, the CMPLINE BTM control card appeared to be
ignored.

Ideas anyone?