From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Rob Lister
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Resolving an ALIAS

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help with a small issue I'm having, trying to
understand how an ALIAS gets resolved.

We are installing a product on a zOS system that utilises MQ to pass
messages to/from a DB2 Subsystem.

When we asked the client for certain MQ dataset names, they came back with

SYS5.MQ.XXXX.whatever

saying that the XXXX was using an ALIAS to determine which version was being
used. Therefore, we wouldn't need to change the dataset names when/if we
used a new version.

Could anyone explain how that works or, point me to a manual that could
explain it.

Many thanks,

Rob

to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the