>Not exactly true. You can charge for LINUX, the question is will anyone pay
>for it. There is nothing in the GPL license that prevents you from making your
>own distribution and charging $$$$ for it. You just have to supply the source
>code and not prevent anyone from doing whatever they want with it, including
>undercutting your price.

That's what I thought I said.

But, my point was that if SAS (or any other product) is ported to LINUX, you
can charge whatever you want, and you DO NOT have to make the source code
available.

So, my question still stands.
Why would SAS Institute not make a profit on z/LINUX SAS?

PS: I'm aware of the terms and conditions of the GPL.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!