I'm not that familiar with it but the RMF Spreadsheet Reporter might povide
you with some z/OS performance reporting.
I'm pretty sure it comes with RMF so it probably meets your requirement of
being something you already have.

Have a nice day,
Dave Betten
DFSORT Development, Performance Lead
IBM Corporation
email:  bet...@us.ibm.com
DFSORT/MVSontheweb at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 02/26/2009
11:07:43 AM:

> I realize that most people likely use SAS for SMF reporting. We did this
in
> the past. Management has declared that SAS on the z is simply too
expensive.
> They also declared that installing the Windows version on our main user's
PC
> is also too expensive. End of discussion on that point.
>
> So, what else could be used? It must either be something that we already
> have, such as COBOL, EasyTrieve Plus (without the SMF add on), REXX,
HLASM,
> ... . We cannot spend any "hard money" on this. Oh, it would be nice if
if
> were very CPU efficient because we just downgraded our z9BC from a V02 to
> T02 in order to save on software costs. And it must be such that doing
"ad
> hoc" requests can be responded to quickly. Yes, I know, "give me the
world,
> but don't spend any money".
>
> I am actually looking at downloading the raw SMF data to a Linux box (my
> desktop) using BINary and SITE RDW. I did this for last week's SMF and
had
> about 14Gib of data. I know how to read this with Java. This may actually
be
> what I end up looking at doing. But I am the only person in my group who
is
> even mildly Java literate. The main performance person is not. And he
> doesn't have access to my PC anyway. Of course, that is one reason that
I'm
> looking at Java. I have written Java in the past (minor application)
which