Ought to, because we want it, is not going to make it so anytime soon. Six
months ago I was asked if a certain requirements system could be used just
to discuss if anyone wants it. We need some big customer to present a
business case to IBM and then the rest of us climb onboard and be vocal to
the IBM Representatives for our installations to get any traction on this. I
know someone who is just waiting for this to happen so he can begin work on
porting it, but the customer base needs to let IBM know they need, not want,
this before he can start. Try coming up with how your company is losing
money because you do not have it or your company is feeling the pain of not
being able to do something ooRexx would easily solve in that business case.

Otherwise you need many volunteers to try and get ooRexx working under
z/OS Unix Services and z/OS TSO/E with all the extensions like SYSCALLS,
DSNREXX, ISFEXEC, ISPEXEC, ISREDIT, STORAGE, FTPAPI, and SOCKET.