On 2009-03-11 08:43 to IBM-Main about "Re: TMON with OMEGAMON
Comparison", Yogeetha balasubramanian <sairamyog...@gmai...co..>
wrote:

> [snip] Can someone tell me the difference from your experience between
> TMON and OMEGAMON that need to be considered ? [snip]

> Which do you think is a better option.  [snip]

Yogs : we're not XE yet but I don't expect much difference.

Reports!  (or lack thereof) -

TMon:  fully selectable & customizable reports of the fields & order
you desire.  I would *almost* compare them to FDReport.

OmegaMon:  canned only with limited selection capability.  For
example, we can't get the userId in the DB2 deadlock/time-outs
report; only the correlation-id ie. CicsId-TransId, which is *no*
help.  We know there was a deadlock/time-out at x-time with y-table
between DDF & Cics but who?  No idea.

User-collectable data -

TMon: provides an interface for collecting user specified data
associated with each Cics transaction.  Using the SAG exit, I was
able to track each Natural object and provide an internal transaction
trace.  Using the reporting facility, I was able to list all the
objects used with their CPU & elapsed times on a
daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis.  I even provided a continual, "top-
10 worst performers this year" to the applications group.

OmegaMon:  none/*very* minimal.  Ok, there *is* something for Adabas
but we use DB2.  We only see that the Natural nucleus was invoked
(150k-220k times daily) as the transaction program.

Our switch was $$ driven and, in my _personal_ opinion, we got what
we paid for.

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004