We use HOD but not Linux, I would guess it uses the USS side of z/OS.

EdP

Rich Smrcina <rsmrc...@wi.rr.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
03/17/2009 03:20 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: Is there a Web enabled TN3270 on z/10's running z/OS 1.9

The previously mentioned h3270 is an open source solution.  IBM provides
WebSphere
Host-on-Demand, which runs on Linux for System z (among others).

Cynthia Davis wrote:
> The Windows Server Team currently owns the AVIVA application running on
Windows 2000 that allows us to get a TN3270 screen from the web.  They are
looking at other options and wanted to know if there was an option on the
z/10's to allow someone to come in from the web and get a TN3270 screen or
did they need to search outside of the mainframe platform.

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.