From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of gad...@malam.com
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: SDSF problems in z/OS 1.9

Hi,

We cut over to z/Os 1.9 last week and we're have some problems:

1.       Performance on the Output screen is slow.

2.       The order in which multiple SYSOUTS from the same job are
displayed on the output screen is wrong. We have jobs that create many
sysouts. All of the sysouts have the same parameters (CHARS, FORMDEF,
PAGEDEF, CLASS). The job has FREE=CLOSE coded. Once the job finishes and
we look at the sysouts in the output screen we see that instead of the
order being 1,2,3... it is 1,10,11,2,3..., Or in other words, the
sysouts are sorted textually instead of numerically.

3.       The order of the jobs on the Status screen is different than it
was previously. For example, if I submit a job and it is assigned job
number 65000, I wait a while, submit another job and it is assigned job
number 100, then the first job (number 65000) will be displays below the
second job (number 100). I would like the jobs to be displayed in the
order that they were submitted.

Our previous operating system was z/OS 1.7, where we had none of the
problems.

Has anyone seen these problems?

Do you know of a fix?

Yes, I've opened problems with IBM.