We had an experience where our AIX client was sending an urgent data
message that the bank's server did not understand, causing a timeout. We
changed clients and all was well.

EdP

"Johnston, Robert E" <johnstonrobe...@uams.edu>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
03/25/2009 11:36 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: FTP timeout problem

Thanks Kevin and Dennis for the info and link. Yesterday I FTPed the file
from CA to my PC. It was just going to go from my PC to the MF and use
that. Our main objective now is to upgrade our vendor software before
going from z/OS 1.7 to 1.9 (maybe 1.10 - I saw recent discussion, but
that's another problem :). DOS prompt FTP:

ftp> get 11SP08AW000.pax.Z r11sp8.bin
200 PORT command successful
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 11SP08AW000.pax.Z (427295232
bytes)
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 427295232 bytes received in 478.05Seconds 893.83Kbytes/sec.
ftp> bye
421 No Transfer Timeout (300 seconds): closing control connection.

Today before I got ready to send it up to the MF and use it, I went into
the HFS dir to delete the file. It was the number of bytes that it should
have been:
# ls -l
total 834568
-rw-r-----   1 APSWPROC SYS1     427295232 Mar 23 11:40 11SP08AW000.pax.Z

The batch FTP job was posted earlier and the output is below. I'm
wondering now if maybe it is just a bug in our old 1.7 system. It seems
that I get all the data but the close isn't clean. Sorry for length and no
trace. Thoughts anyone? Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks,
Robert

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.